Meizu 16 Announced
Meizu, the Chinese smartphone company, announced their new flagship series last week.
The latest flagship smartphone by Meizu, the Meizu 16, boasts face recognition, an under screen fingerprint reader, gesture UI and a near bezelless design.
The spec sheet is what you would expect of a 2018 flagship smartphone:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset
- 6GB RAM with 64GB storage or 8GB RAM with 128GB storage (no microSD option)
- 6 inch 18:9 aspect ratio super AMOLED display (2160x1080)
- 12MP + 20MP dual rear camera with OIS and 6-LED ring flash
- 20MP selfie camera
- under screen fingerprint reader
- Flyme 7 OS (Android based)
- 3010 mAh battery
The under screen fingerprint reader sounds really cool and potentially one of the best ways to enable industrial designers to reduce smartphone bezels on devices.
Here at Tech Travel Geeks we haven't been able to get our hands on a device yet, but hope to be able to do so soon and make another of those impressive Lukasz directed, filmed and edited videos again.
The Meizu 16 will be available in most markets globally soon, but we have no details on pricing or availability in Europe at the moment.